HSW Job Descriptions
1. Administer bedside and personal care to clients, such as aid in ambulation, bathing,
hygiene, dressing, and undressing, especially for entirely immobile clients.
2. Coordinating transportation to doctor's appointments, particularly for clients with no family members they can rely on.
3. Keep clients engaged with their friends and family.
4. Create a daily routine based on the client's unique needs to keep the Client stimulated and on the path to recovery.
5. Administer essential medication and take the patient's vitals under the supervision or guidance of a nurse.
6. Organize the Client's grocery shopping and prepare meals to ensure the Client follows a nutritional diet as part of rehabilitation. Also, feed or assist in feeding clients.
7. Fill out and submit daily reports on the status of clients to the Care Team Leader, who makes care decisions based on this data.
8. Provide care and companionship to clients and families during incapacitation, convalescence, or family disruption.
9. Perform routine Housekeeping duties such as laundry, washing dishes, and baking sheets.
10. Perform Housekeeping and other home management duties under the general direction of employment..